The Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure is again supporting research and development projects that support the market ramp-up of electric vehicles and innovative concepts for climate-friendly mobility.
It is expected that project outlines can be submitted from the 10 August, 2021. The deadline will be set for the end of September. On 12 August, 2021, an online seminar will provide in-detail information about the funding call.
Through the new electric mobility funding guideline, which runs until the end of 2025, the BMVI is continuing to support market preparation and ramp-up of e-mobility with the aid of three funding pillars:
- Procurement of battery-electric vehicles and the charging infrastructure necessary for their operation,
- Municipal and commercial electric mobility concepts,
- Research and development projects.
A call has already been issued for each of these three funding pillars this year.
The call for project outlines being planned at the moment is for research and development projects. Funding will be provided for:
- Projects for the development, initiation and extensive testing of electric use and operating concepts
- Application-oriented projects for developing and further developing components and systems for battery-electric vehicles,
- Projects for developing and testing innovative charging technologies that enable swift implementation of the technology and can support the ongoing charging infrastructure expansion
- Projects to significantly increase the share of renewable energies for charging electric vehicles,
- Projects on the development, technical implementation and evaluation of system solutions and services in the context of electric mobility,
- Projects to strengthen electrification in the areas of public transport, freight, commercial and special transport as well as maritime and other applications relevant to transport policy.
Additional funding calls will be issued in 2022.
NOW online seminar: R&D funding call to support the market ramp-up of electric mobility
Thursday, 12 August 2021, 10am
In our online seminar, Oliver Hoch and Stefan Sonntag from NOW GmbH and Stefan Höring from Projektträger Jülich will go into the detail of the content of the new funding call. Sufficient time will be made available afterwards to answer any questions.