The Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure (BMVI – Bundesministerium für Verkehr und digitale Infrastruktur) is resuming its funding of research and development projects that support the market ramp-up of electric vehicles and innovative concepts for climate-friendly mobility.
Outlines can be submitted via the easy-Online portal. The deadline for electronic submissions is 30.09.2021 and 01.10.2021 for postal submissions.
Eligible for funding are:
- Projects for the development, initiation and extensive testing of electric mobility usage and operating concepts
- Application-oriented projects for the development and advancement of components and systems of battery electric vehicles
- Projects for the development and testing of innovative charging technologies that enable timely implementation of the technology and can support the ongoing expansion of charging infrastructure
- Projects to significantly increase the share of renewable energy for electric vehicle charging
- Projects for the development, technical implementation and evaluation of system solutions and services in the context of electric mobility
- Projects to strengthen electrification in the areas of public transport, freight, commercial and special transport as well as maritime or other applications relevant to transport policy
With the new Electric Mobility Funding Guideline, which runs until the end of 2025, the BMVI is continuing to support the market preparation and ramp-up of e-mobility with the assistance of three funding pillars:
- Procurement of battery electric vehicles and the charging infrastructure required for their operation
- Municipal and commercial electric mobility concepts
- Research and development projects
This year, a call has already been issued for each of the three funding pillars, and more will follow in the coming year.
Numerous research and development projects have been realised since 2015 through the Electric Mobility Funding Guideline. More information on the projects can be found online in the project finder. The project results are brought together via the programme support and the Electric Mobility Starter Set (Starterset-Elektromobilität).
Do you have questions concerning the current call for funding?
NOW online seminar: R&D funding call to support the market ramp-up of electric mobility
Thursday, 12 August 2021, 10:00 am
During our online seminar, Oliver Hoch from NOW GmbH and Stefan Höring from Project Management Jülich (PtJ) will go into detail about the new funding call. Afterwards, there will be enough time to answer questions.
The most frequently asked questions are answered here (in German): FAQ
Questions on the content of the funding programme, the programme classification of the measure and the programme support can be answered by the specialist team at NOW GmbH:
Tel.: +49 (0)30 311 611 6 750 (Monday to Friday 10:00am to 12 noon)
Contact persons for administrative questions on the submission of outlines, e.g. on funding guidelines, funding eligibility, funding quotas, possible project durations can be found at the Project Management Organisation Jülich, which can be contacted via email at:
Alternatively, use the Outline Submission Hotline via Tel.: +49 (0)30 20199 3500 (Monday to Friday 10:00am to 12 noon)
About the founding programme: www.now-gmbh.de/foerderung/foerderprogramme/elektromobilitat