The aim in the Munich model region was to trial electromobility (vehicles and charging stations) in everyday operation and to prepare for a successful introduction of the concept into the market based on the findings. The three projects related to vehicles and charging stations made a major contribution in this regard.
The project on a »Sustainable Municipal Electromobility Concept« provides information on how electromobility can develop between now and 2030 and what supporting measures can be taken by a city in this area. With the findings from the four projects pooled together, Munich is well equipped for the future of electromobility.
The key points that the project headquarters was able to contribute to the overall results are summarised here:
- Central support of the individual projects in the model region
- Organisation and running of regular project manager meetings
- Ongoing coordination of the individual projects
- Holding regular advisory council meetings
- Ongoing advice and information on the subject of electromobility, including promoting the further development of electromobility outside of the scope of the model region concept
- Acquisition of projects (with and without grants), which are being tackled after the end of the KoPA II economic stimulus package