The German Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure (BMVI – Bundesministerium für Verkehr und digitale Infrastruktur) is resuming funding for research and development projects that support the market ramp-up of electric vehicles and innovative concepts for climate-friendly mobility. It is anticipated that outlines can be submitted from August 10, 2021. The deadline is the end of September. Our online seminar on 12 August 2021 will provide detailed information on the funding call.
The currently planned call for project outlines applies to research and development projects. Eligible for funding are:
- Projects for the development, initiation and extensive testing of electric mobility usage and operating concepts
- Application-oriented projects for the development and advancement of components and systems of battery electric vehicles
- Projects for the development and testing of innovative charging technologies that enable timely implementation of the technology and can support the ongoing expansion of charging infrastructure
- Projects to significantly increase the share of renewable energy for electric vehicle charging
- Projects for the development, technical implementation and evaluation of system solutions and services in the context of electric mobility
- Projects to strengthen electrification in the areas of public transport, freight, commercial and special transport as well as maritime or other applications relevant to transport policy
Further funding calls will follow in 2022.
Learn more about the current funding call and the submission process in our online seminar (in German).
Our experts joining you will be:
- Oliver Hoch, NOW
- Stefan Sonntag, NOW
- Stefan Höring, PtJ
Online seminar on 12.08.2021, 10:00 – 11:00 am