The Inspire Metz agency, in cooperation with the WTC Metz-Saarbrücken and BEHR Consulting, is organising the third installment of the Franco-German Online Mobility Conference on the topic of “Hydrogen – Energy Medium of the Future”. The free conference will take place online on 10 June 2021 from 10:30 am to 12:00 noon and will be simultaneously translated into German and French, respectively.
The German and French hydrogen strategies together account for investments of several billion euros. The development of hydrogen technologies is primarily driven in the mobility sector, which accounts for almost 30% of global greenhouse gas emissions.
The German-French conference, which will take place online on 10 June, aims to shed light on hydrogen as a new solution for the energy transition. Experts from France and Germany will discuss, on the one hand, the different applications in the mobility sector and, on the other hand, territorial projects, cross-border and Franco-German cooperation as well as the national hydrogen strategy in both countries.
- Opening by the President of the Inspire Metz Agency and Vice-President of Economic Development at Metz Métropole.
- “Hydrogen and its use” with Jacques HAENN, Grand-Est Delegate of France Hydrogène / Pôle Véhicule du Futur
- Presentation on “Hydrogen Commercial Vehicles of the Stellantis Group” with Dr. Lars Peter THIESEN, Hydrogen Manager Europe
- Presentation of the hydrogen strategy in public transport in Metz Métropole by Béatrice AGAMENNONE, Vice-President Mobility and Transport at Metz Métropole
- The John Cockerill Group’s technical solutions for hydrogen production and mobility, presented by Raphaël TILOT, Deputy Director General for Renewable Energies – John COCKERILL Group
- “Comparison of French and German hydrogen strategies and projects” with Lena MÜLLER-LOHSE, Franco-German Office for the Energy Transition
- “The Saarland, a hydrogen model region” with Jürgen Barke, State Secretary in the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour, Energy and Transport of the Saarland
- Closing words and conclusion by the President of the Inspire Metz Agency