Over the course of the project, one bus depot each of Hamburger Hochbahn AG (HOCHBAHN) and Verkehrsbetriebe Hamburg-Holstein GmbH (VHH) will be equipped with the necessary electrical infrastructure for the charging of electric buses. This will involve the implementation of different infrastructure concepts, which will be scientifically investigated and evaluated by the Helmut Schmidt University (HSU).
As part of the project, HOCHBAHN has made the necessary preparations of the electrical infrastructure to enable the new Alsterdorf depot, which has a capacity of 240 buses, to operate completely with electric buses. This includes the connection to the electrical network (110 kV connection), the laying of lines on the depot site and the equipping of one of the six bus parking ports with 44 chargers.
Meanwhile, the VHH is in the process of preparing an existing bus depot for the deployment of up to 134 electric buses, which includes connection to the medium-voltage network (10 kV connection), the laying of electric lines on the depot premises and the installation of transformers. The charging infrastructure is modularly expandable and is initially designed with three charging modules for a total of 48 vehicles.
While many challenges needed to be faced, the results are impressive. Join us in our project check!
The following subjects will be covered in the online seminar:
- Introduction to NOW and the BMVI’s Mobility and Fuels Strategy, Axel Blume (NOW GmbH)
- Introduction to the joint project (Jörg Burkhardt, hyS)
- Charging infrastructure development at the Alsterdorf bus depot (Hendryk Münster, HOCHBAHN)
- Charging infrastructure development at the Bergedorf bus depot (Nina Zeun, Verkehrsbetriebe Hamburg-Holstein (VHH))
- Accompanying research on the development of charging infrastructure (Amra Jahic and Mina Eskander, Helmut Schmidt University)
Key project details:
- Start: October 2017, duration 3 years
- Partners: Hamburger Hochbahn AG, Verkehrsbetriebe Hamburg-Holstein GmbH, Helmut-Schmidt-University
27 October 2020, 2:00 – 3:30 pm
Please ensure you log in 10 minutes prior to the scheduled time to avoid any unnecessary delays.
By registering, you confirm that you have read and accepted the NOW GmbH data protection information.
Participation is free of charge. Documentation for the online seminar will be provided afterwards. The number of participants is unlimited.
NOW Project Check: R&D projects report
Our online seminar series will give you an insight into various exciting research and development projects from the funding programmes we coordinate. Each online seminar will provide sufficient time to ask questions and talk to the experts. We are looking forward to welcoming you!