What contribution must the maritime industry make towards achieving a decarbonisation of the transport sector? How well can German shipowners hold their own in global competition if C02 taxes rise from 2021? Which alternative technologies are ready for the market and will this help the maritime economy in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania?
These are the issues that will be the focus of a new episode of PFEIFFER.FRAGT Der Polit.Talk. Moderator Jürgen Pfeiffer will discuss these questions with seven panellists from politics, business, science and associations at the Schwerin Chamber of Industry and Commerce (“IHK”) on December 11, starting at 7 p.m.
On the panel:
- Minister for Energy, Infrastructure and Digitalization of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Christian Pegel;
- Vice President of the Chamber of Industry and Commerce of Schwerin and Technical Director of the green electricity provider WEMAG AG, Thomas Murche;
- Acting Director of the DLR Institute for Maritime Energy Systems, Dr. Alexander Dyck;
- Member of the Bundestag and FDP Representative for Maritime Economics, Hagen Reinhold;
- and Managing Director of the German Shipowners’ Association, Dr. Martin Kröger
And also joining via a live connection
- The Chairman of the Executive Board and Chief Technical Officer of MAN Energy Solutions, Dr. Uwe Lauber,
- and the Secretary General of the European industrial association Hydrogen Europe, Jorgo Chatzimarkakis
The 60-minute talk and subsequent 30-minute live-chat between panel guests and the virtual audience will be streamed live over platforms including www.hzwo.eu/veranstaltungen/hzwo-connect and www.derpfeiffer.de/live.
The event at the Schwerin Chamber of Industry and Commerce by PFEIFFER.FRAGT The Polit.Talk is part of the “Energiewende.Richtig.Machen” (“Getting the energy transition right”) series of talks, with which moderator Jürgen Pfeiffer has been touring Germany since the summer of 2019 to highlight the effects of the energy system transition in sectors such as shipping. During the discussions with all social groups, the main objective is to explore the opportunities of hydrogen as a source of energy in sector coupling for a greenhouse gas-free life.