In order to achieve more sustainability and climate protection as well as a higher quality of life, mobility and transport must also be transformed, infrastructure must be adapted and the mobility offer in cities and in rural areas must be expanded. Municipal transport and urban planning as well as innovations for public transport have a decisive influence on whether this change can be successfully shaped and mobility guaranteed. The contribution of motor vehicle transport to achieving the climate targets can mainly be achieved through a transition of drive systems and energy sources. Municipalities play a pivotal role in the development of the charging infrastructure. Redesigns of public space and changes in mobility behaviour can succeed better through social exchange, intensive communication and transparent participation processes.
The ADAC expert series 2023 “Transforming transport. Remaining mobile. Sustainable concepts for communities that move everyone.” (“Verkehr wandeln. Mobil bleiben. Zukunftsfähige Konzepte für Kommunen, die alle bewegen.”) will give information on pioneering concepts in the context of the transport system of tomorrow.
Seven face-to-face events being held between March and July will offer the opportunity for professional and personal exchange. In autumn, an additional online final event will be held. NOW and the National Centre for Charging Infrastructure will be represented at the following events:
- 08.03.2023 / Köln (Conrad Hammer, National Centre for Charging Infrastructure – NOW GmbH)
- 15.03.2023 / Gera (Lukas Kolloge, National Centre for Charging Infrastructure – NOW GmbH)
- 26.04.2023 / Hamburg (Elena Mandel, NOW GmbH)
- 11.05.2023 / Feuchtwangen (Judith Fiukowski, NOW GmbH)
- 24.05.2023 / Rastatt (Philipp Hummel, National Centre for Charging Infrastructure – NOW GmbH)
- 14.06.2023 / Bingen (Conrad Hammer, National Centre for Charging Infrastructure – NOW GmbH)
- 05.07.2023 / Berlin (Stephanie Pinzel, NOW GmbH)
- 15.11.2023 / Online concluding event (Juliane Reimer – NOW GmbH)
The events are free of charge (with the exception of the event in Feuchtwangen, where a €50 contribution towards expenses applies).
The programme, further information and notes on participation, compliance, data protection as well as photo and audio recordings can be found here.
Image credits: ADAC e.V.